Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Retail Therapy

What a great day! There wasn't an alarm waking me up this morning, I didn't have to rush around to get to work, and got to take more than 20 minutes for lunch. The weather was perfect! The temperature was in the 60's and by 1:00 there wasn't a cloud in the sky!

(It was supposed to be rainy, so thank you, Lord, for giving us a great day!)

We started the day at Dean and Deluca. Kelly got coffee, of course, and I had some hot chocolate. Kelly also bought some truffles. There were so many to choose from and they were all beautiful. Here's what she ended up with:

Our next stops were Gap, Williams Sonoma, Yankee, and Harry & David. I got the neatest measuring cups/spoons at Williams Sonoma:

Before we left the Town Center Plaza, we hit Pottery Barn.

While they have beautiful things, and I can certainly get some great ideas...this is much more my speed:

(In case you're wondering, yes, I felt like a total goofball getting my picture taken in front of these places. Oh, the price we pay for blogging!)

We ate lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. We left with just as much food as we ate, but it was delicious, as usual!

Next stop, Archivers! My friend Leslie talks about this store and how much she LOVES it. She told me I'd be overwhelmed when I went in, and boy was she right! After about an hour, this is what I'd decided on:


(Not much, I know, but I'm tight!)
After we had shopped the Town Center Plaza, Oak Park Mall, and the Rosana Square Shopping Center, we took the scenic route to the Plaza in Kansas City. (Thanks Leslie for suggesting it.) We saw many beautiful, older mansions. It was such a nice drive! We even saw an organized Ghost Hunting tour at the Wornell House. Needless to say, that was NOT something I was going to look at closer.

Once we got to the Plaza, we went in too many stores to mention. But, the whole reason we went was for Barnes & Noble. Tina, you're right! We loved the four floors of wall to wall books. We were in there for an hour! At this point I was too tired to take pictures. Plus, I thought I might get in trouble.

Finally, we headed back to Overland Park and ate at Bravo, another great suggestion by Leslie!

Now, we're back in the room finishing up our left over cheesecake!

I wonder what tomorrow will hold....

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm so glad you liked Bravo! You had a full day of shopping, and it sounds like so much fun. I'm glad you enjoyed your day!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I'm so glad that you are having a great time!! I missed you last night at Tina's thing. Now that you have had your fun, get your butt home!!!

Jen said...

Ooooh your scrapbook stuff looks so cute! I'm so glad it has been such a great weekend for you girls!

Kelly Carter said...

Seeing the cheesecake again makes me swoon!