Pages

Friday, March 13, 2009

Home Makeover

For my birthday (back in September) my mom helped me paint my bedroom. Well, actually, it was more like me helping her. She did most of the work as I am not a great painter.
I didn't really want to go to a lot of expense, so all I changed was the color on the walls and some of the hardware, like towel racks. I put up new curtain rods and spray painted the brass light fixture in the bathroom, too. Everything else was old, and just renewed. I wish I had "before" pictures, but I only have "during" and "after" pictures.
My bathroom ceiling is extremely tall. This ladder is sitting on the counter top!
If you know my mom, this picture makes perfect sense. Clean, clean, clean!
The new and improved look!
Bedroom before... (wallpaper once hung where the white strip is)
And after...
A little bit of paint can make a BIG difference!

Since I decided to remain sane and abstain from teaching summer school, I decided I'd paint the living room and hallway over Spring Break instead of getting new carpeting. Thankfully my mom has agreed to help. (Mom, I'm so thankful for all the times you graciously and generously give of your time to help me out!)

I found this great "wall art" at Gordman's.
This is the paint color I'm going to use. It's called sauteed mushroom. (Yuck!)
I can't wait! Check back for before and after pictures in a couple of weeks.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

It looks marvelous! You have become quiet the decorator.

Mrs. Misty said...

I need you to come to my house!!!
~Misty