Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

An Eventful Evening

Tonight I was eating dinner and got a phone call from Tina. She said she needed a huge favor. Glad to be able to help, I asked her what was up. She told me she was going to drop Garrett and Ethan off at my house so she could take Chris to Urgent Care for stitches. That's right, stitches! Chris was helping Chase with his swing at baseball practice. Chase thought Chris was out the way, and Chris thought he had more time to move. Whack! Chris' forward met the end of the bat. Much to my surprise, Tina was very calm. Usually the sight or thought of blood freaks her out. I guess adrenaline kicked in.


When Garrett and Ethan got to my house, Garrett was starving. Luckily I had actually fixed dinner tonight, so I was able to feed him sloppy joes.

Ethan found out I was cleaning bathrooms and he was eager to help. When we walked back to my bedroom he said, "Meme, why didn't you make your bed today?" This from the child whose mother has to make every bed in the house before she takes the boys to school. Ethan just couldn't understand why a bed would go unmade! What a cutie!

The boys got tired of waiting on me to finish cleaning, so they decided to play outside. I hooked them up with some water guns (just for play, not for water). Before we'd even gotten out of the garage, Ethan tried his out, found out it water, and accidentally sprayed me down. He felt so bad. I just laughed and told him it was an accident.


Chris ended up having to get 9 stitches. Needless to say it was an eventful evening!

No comments: