Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2009

No Summer School for Me!

Decisions, decisions....

I don't know about you guys, but I'm not the world's greatest decision maker. I can't make decisions quickly or painlessly. However, when I do finally make one, I'm usually pretty happy with it and can often look back without regrets.

Recently, I had made the decision to teach summer school this year so that I could put new carpeting in my house. When I moved in 5 years ago, the former tenants hadn't been very nice to it, and I've had my share of mishaps with the bottle of carpet cleaner. (FYI: leaving the cleaner on the spot longer won't make it disappear!) While I wasn't particularly happy about spending even 19 more days in the classroom, I had decided that new carpeting was worth it! Decision made. Whew! I was pressing onward. Until...

I got an email Thursday that said there had been a change in plans, summer school would now be housed a different building. As I read it my stomach dropped and I was instantly sick. (Not only do I not make decisions well, but I don't handle change well, either.) A change in plans? Are you kidding me? After all the thinking, planning, and pep talks I had to give myself about teaching summer school in the first place? What was I going to do?

Well, after some much needed processing, which I've learned I have to do out loud, (thanks Mom, Kelly, and Tina for listening ) I've decided not to teach summer school! I've spent some time praying and now feel completely at peace about it. Yeah! Bring on the summer and 8 weeks of vacation!! Saturday, I even started making a list of things I want to do. You should see it! (You know, that might make an interesting post sometime...)

Sorry for rambling. Just had to share the exciting news!

2 comments:

Jen said...

yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

I am dancing with excitement for you. Imagine all those nights of staying up late (blogging I am sure) and then sleeping in. Imagine going shopping in the middle of the week. Imagine going to the pool with your family. Imagine all of the scrapbooking you could get done. Imagine doing ANYTHING besides working! Ahhh, don't you feel better?

Leslie said...

Okay Jen, I'm ready for summer now after reading your comments! I'm so glad you made that decision. We have lots to do this summer...It's gonna be a blast!