Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Closet Clean Out

Well, as you know, my closet has been in a real mess! Saturday I tackled it.
I'm so thankful that my Dad is always willing to come and help me whenever I need it! He came by today to put the rod back up.
I did go through all the clothes on that side of the closet today. This also meant going through all my shoes and purses. As embarrassed as I am to admit it, I had 56 pairs of shoes! (As you can tell, I have trouble parting with things.) I pulled everything out to evaluate what stayed and what went.

Here's all the purses. The ones on the dresser are the ones I'm getting rid of.
Here are the clothes I had to go through. I had much better luck with this pile (as apposed to the shoe and purse piles). I was able to part with half of it.

Here are some of the shoes. I love shoes and was only able to part with 12 pairs. But, in this cleaning out process, I was reminded of several pair I forgot about! Imagine that! I went shopping in my own closet!

And finally, here's the finished product! (The pictures really don't do it justice.) The shoes are organized by season and color. It's very functional right now, but if I ever get married, there might not be enough room for his shoes or clothes!

You all have my permission to come over and randomly check my closet to make sure I'm keeping it this clean!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I tried to comment once and it didn't work... so here it is again.

Your closet looks great! Doesn't it feel wonderful to have it done? I love that organization feeling, but have a hard time getting motivated. Do you make house calls? HA!

Kelly Carter said...

For a minute, I thought I was looking at Carrie's closet (from Sex and the City)! Kidding! :)

Leslie said...

You changed your blog background! It looks great!

Anonymous said...

I want to come and go through those purses girl. And if your are donating the clothes. Be sure and right now what you are donating. It is a great tax right off!!!

Good job on the closet by the way. It looks great!