Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Do You Wanna Dance?

Friday night I took Ethan and Abbie to High Pointe's school dance. We had a great time!

I picked up Ethan first. He's so cute! He's all about being "big". On the way to pick up Abbie, Ethan told me, "Meme? Do you know what you can call me? You can call me a big, strong man. 'Cause that's what I am...a man!" (Too cute!) When Abbie got in the car, he had to help her buckle up because he's "bigger".

When we picked Abbie up, she proudly told her Daddy she was going to a dance. Boy, did she look the part! She looked very put together with her purse, sparkly belt, and matching jacket!

Not only can Abbie accessorize, but she can dance, too! She's got some nice moves! Like the Abbie we all know, she went right out and joined in the fun. Ethan was more shy, but he did make it out on the dance floor a couple of times.

Before we left we hit the Book Fair and bought a cars book for Ethan and "Purplelicious" for Abs.

On the way home we stopped by McDonald's because Ethan was starving! They both got cheeseburger Happy Meals and ate all of their burgers. I guess they really worked up an appetite! We stopped by Tonya's to eat and visit with Jacob (who is recovering from surgery to have his adenoids removed). He was so sweet and seems to be recovering very quickly. Praise the Lord!

Abbie was ready for bed rather quickly (which is unusual) and Ethan went home as Spiderman (Jacob's old Halloween costume). We spent 5 minutes on the front porch making sure the mask was just right before we went inside. Ethan is SO Tina's child!

I think it's fair to save that the night was a success!

2 comments:

Kelly Carter said...

I was hoping to see pictures of Abbie and Ethan. Abbie was puttin' on a show!

Leslie said...

They are stylin' I'm sorry we missed it!