Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Music...it soothes my soul

Music is such a powerful thing! It can take you back to an emotional, memorable moment, recreate the scene, and make you swear you're there living it again. Music can elicit almost any emotion: happiness, sadness, loneliness, excitement, peace, etc...

I love music whether it means just listening or singing along. God definitely uses music to encourage me, remind me of His promises, or just to speak peace to my heart. I'm so thankful for all the singer/songwriters He's gifted with the incredible talent of creating music. I could name a song that has ministered to me for almost every season of my life.

The past few years I've clung to songs that remind me of God's promise of His faithfulness and His love and care. After a period of healing, the song has just recently changed for me. As I'm entering a new season, one of the songs I feel like God has laid on my heart has been one about the promises I will make to Him. Promises of obedience and serving and worshipping Him while I wait for direction. I thought I'd share this new song, believing the words are too good to keep to myself.

While I'm Waiting
by John Waller

I am waiting.
I’m waiting on you Lord
And I am hopeful
I’m waiting on your Lord, though it is painful
But patiently I will wait
(chorus)
I will move ahead bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I’m waiting
I will serve you
While I’m waiting
I will worship
While I’m waiting
I will not fade, I’ll be running the race,
Even while I wait

I’m waiting
I’m waiting on your Lord
And I am peaceful
I’m waiting on your Lord, though it’s not easy
No, but faithfully I will wait
Yes, I will wait
(repeat chorus)

What song(s) has God used to encourage and/or speak to you?

1 comment:

Jen said...

I just listened to the song on YouTube. WOW! Powerful to say the least. Thank you so much for sharing! There is a song by Nicole Nordeman called, I Am, that has been with me through a season of my life. Too many more to name!