Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Catching Up

Last night my sweet Grana came and stayed with me. She is amazing! I so wish you all could meet her. When I was a little girl I would always go and spend several days with her at her house in the summer. Of all the things I remember, I most remember the times she would scratch my back and tell me stories about my mom and about my Gramps when I had trouble falling asleep. Every morning we would have breakfast and then we would go out onto the deck with the Bible to "start the day out right". I love talking and sharing with you, Grana. Your willingness to love and serve others never ceases to amaze me!

Speaking of loving to talk and share with someone...I got to have lunch with one of my best friends today, Kayla! It was wonderful! It seems that since we've now officially "grown up" we have a hard time finding the time to get together. What's wonderful about our relationship though, is that we can usually just pick up right where we left off. Kayla, I miss being a part of your "everyday" life, but am so thankful for the ease that our friendship has. Today was absolutely fabulous! I love that we have such a rich history of memories and special moments. (Several that could be used as blackmail! Ha!) We've shared some big events in life! Moments like graduating high school, graduating college, getting married, getting divorced, and hospital stays. We share a love for Jesus, family, music, horses, reading, and chic flicks! I believe that one day we will be able to share families of our own, too. Take heart and remember that in our wait God is NEVER inactive. The longer He takes, the harder he's working. Even though I do a pretty poor job of showing it, I hope you know how much I love you and treasure our friendship!

1 comment:

BoydandKayla said...

Hey Tammy! I had a great time too. Thanks so much for coming down. I've missed you a ton. Let's do it again. I love you!