Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

Broken

I did something extremely difficult tonight. I did something that I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that I was led by God to do. I bathed it in prayer and felt completely at peace with what I felt God wanted me to do.

I serve a mighty God. Just as I know this, I knew the devil is out there trying to do as much damage as possible. Tonight only proved that fact once again. Spiritual warfare is the worst kind. However, "If God is for us, who can be against us?"

Tonight I have peace in my heart, knowing I did what I was called to do. God empowered me and gave me a boldness only He can give. He shielded me from unkind, angry, accusing words.

While I left this place battered and hurt, I don’t harbor bad feeling towards this person. I was disappointed in their actions, tone, and words. However, I believe that there’s a bigger picture I can’t see. I don’t have to change the world, only trust in Jesus. He’s my creator and He’s working out His plans.

Lord, thank you for walking "into the fire" with me. You never left my side. Please work these things out. Guide me and help me to walk in Your light. Help me, now more than ever, to keep my eyes on you. I will wait upon You, knowing You will renew my strength.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I will be praying for you.

Kelly Carter said...

You know you were called to do this, and I hope you get strength from that.

Tina said...

I am praying for you. Just remember to keep walking in the light He gives you.