Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Whew!

As you know, it wasn't very long ago that my trusty laptop was infected with a virus and crashed. Luckily, my brother-in-law rebuilt it for me. Me, being the procrastinator that I am, has not "synced" my ipod to my "new" computer. Tonight I thought I'd go ahead and do it. Well, it wasn't nearly as easy as I imagined that it would be.

Apparently, you can only sync one way...from computer to ipod, not the other way around. (This is because of some new feature on the itouch and iphone.) I was able to transfer all music that I purchased through itunes, but I could not transfer any songs I had burned from CD's! I was not a happy camper!! I was going to lose at least 100 songs, and I no longer had the CD's to get them back. This was unacceptable!

I googled my problem and luckily found a program called ipodRip. It allowed me to "rip" 100 songs from the ipod without purchasing the software. Whew! There were only about 25 that I ended up actually losing since I was able to transfer all the songs that I purchased!!

Can I tell you how relieved/excited I am!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I dodged a bullet! I love my music!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Yay!!!!! I am jumping up and down for you :) You are so computer savvy! Love ya!

Leslie said...

You are so good with that stuff... I'm so glad it worked out!

Fran said...

Tammy - I am so happy for you - but what is an ipod????? :)