Pages

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

For as long as I can remember it's been a Myers family tradition to get together and shoot fireworks. When I was younger, we all gathered at my Papa's farm outside of Ava. At my Aunt Carole's request we would all stay the night in the old farmhouse. I remember horseback rides, fishing, and fish fry's. There are a couple of lively stories I could tell involving Tina and the outhouse, but I'll let her tell you those! (Ha!)
The past several years have involved much less elaborate celebrations of the fourth. Today, my mom and I started the day with shopping. This evening we met at Tina's for dinner complete with pork steaks, fried potatoes, corn on the cob, and asparagus. (Yum!) Then, we all headed out to Willard at GayeAnn's house for whiffle ball, homemade ice cream, and fireworks!
We're all lined up, ready for the show!

Dad is telling GayeAnn one of Papa's famous stories! He's a very gifted story teller!

The evening was beautiful! During the firework show, there was beautiful lightning from an electrical storm. I so wish I could have captured a picture of it. It was like God was showing us his own fireworks. He truly is a God of wonders!!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Sounds like a great time!