Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

50 Things You May or May Not Know About Me

Leslie tagged me, so here are some things you may or may not know about me. (Even though I consider myself an open book.)

1. I cannot use the very last in a bottle of anything. (ketchup, lotion, water, etc...)

2. I used to be scared to death of horses! I only learned to ride 6 years ago because I wanted to go on a trip with family in the Rocky Mountains.

3. I don't trust easily, but once I do, I'm pretty transparent.

4. I hate the feel of lotion, but occasionally make myself put it on anyway.

5. I enjoy the movies that have been made from the Janette Oke books.

6. Even though I know I'm going to heaven, the Second Coming has always been a bit scary to me.

7. When I shake rugs, I have to shake them 7 times in the air and then 3 times against the deck.

8. I avoid washing dishes by hand because it takes me forever. I never feel like they're clean enough.

9. When I'm at home, I love to eat ketchup with egg rolls. (Gross, I know!)

10. I've lived in 4 houses my entire life. (Including the one I live in now.)

11. I only spend 5 minutes on my hair. (That explains a lot about the way it looks, I'm sure.)

12. I would love to do the Beth Moore study of Esther all over again.

13. I love pictures! Taking them and looking at them!

14. If I have an unresolved issue with someone, I'm incapable of making small talk until the "elephant in the room" has been addressed.

15. I enjoy alone time.

16. I have an obsession with paper clips and notepads. I never feel like I have enough!

17. I would love to have 3 kids and a Godly husband.

18. I don't eat snacks at the movies. I've tried, but feel like they keep me from enjoying the movie.

19. I have a hard time eating fruit because of seeds. (strawberries, kiwi, any type of melon) Looking at them gives me the feeling of fingernails on a chalkboard. Yuck!

20. I love the beach,. I equally enjoy the mountains!!

21. I have to sleep under the covers.

22. I love, love, love romantic comedies.

23. I fight my sleep. I force myself to stay awake even late at night. I do this because (during the school year) it makes me feel like I had more time at home.

24. Which brings us to this next fact. If I've been busy and have spent several days in a row away from home for long periods of time, I get crabby.

25. I am a huge procrastinator. To help with this in 1 area, I'm living by the 30 second rule. If it takes less than 30 seconds to do, do it immediately. It really is making a difference!

26. I love candles and picture frames.

27. Scary movies are not for me! Not even the previews!!

28. My Papa built a pond for me when I was in the fourth grade because I loved fishing so much.

29. I love to just sit and watch people. (Not in a scary stalker way, but in a quiet, observant way.)

30. I love to organize, but am way too easily overwhelmed when doing it. I often have to call for back-up.

31. I hate to have my feet touched.

32. Birds scare me to death!!

33. I enjoy listening to country music.

34. I love to shop for bargains!

35. I'd love to take a trip with just girls.

36. I can't stand to push back my cuticles and the sound of nails being filed makes me feel weird.

37. I am a "pack rat". I have a hard time throwing things away. I always think: "I may need that again someday." or "Oh, so-and-so gave that to me. I can't get rid of that!"

38. I can't swim without holding my nose.

39. I've always wanted to be able to play the piano.

40. I'm a sensitive person. I used to wish that I could change this. Now, I know it can be a good thing because it will hopefully make me more compassionate to other people.

41. I break a sweat way too easily.

42. I wish I was a morning person, but I'm a night owl.

43. I love to make lists.

44. I'm a planner. I always plan out the next day before I go to bed. (I'm trying to be more spontaneous, though.)

45. I like working with technology and figuring things out for myself.

46. When I get something new, I like reading the instruction book.

47. I won't let myself start a new book until I've read the preface and/or acknowledgements.

48. I have a hard time "putting myself out there".

49. I love the way my house smells when it's just been cleaned.

50. I have to fight the urge to put walls up, even with my closest friends.

There you have it. 50 things you may or may not have known about me! I can't wait to read yours!!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Love it... lots of fun and interesting info. I did know most of that, but it's fun to learn about friends even more and see how they view themselves and what the observe about themselves.

Mrs. Misty said...

Thanks for sharing!!! Believe it or not, I could definitely put some of those things on my list!!!
~Misty

KK said...

How fun, thanks for sharing!

Jen said...

You are TOO cute! Loved reading this :)