Pages

Friday, July 3, 2009

Quality Time

A couple of days ago I was talking to Tina about the new Transformers movie. Chase overheard and informed me that he "free" the rest of the week, so we set a date to see it together. We set out to watch the 4:00 movie, stopping at Mr. Bulky's on the mall first for some essential "movie snacks".

We arrived at the theater with everything we needed. (Thankfully I carry a purse big enough to hold bags of candy and soda.) I know I'm a "worry wart", but do any of you worry about getting caught? I go as far as to hide what I've snuck in until the movie starts, just in case someone might decide to come in and check. Chase thought I was losing my mind!

He is such a goober! I couldn't get him to smile for a picture.

We really enjoyed the movie! It offered a little of everything: action, drama, romance, and humor! I absolutely love spending this time with Chase. He's so much fun to talk to and is much more open when it's just the two of us.

After the movie we called the rest of the gang. They were all at Jacob and Ethan's ballgame. They told us they were going to Mexican Villa for dinner. Chase and I decided to join them. (This was, of course, after I told Chase I'd take him to McDonald's first.)

After dinner we all decided the evening was too pretty not to stay out and enjoy. So, we headed over to Fun Acre for a game of putt-putt. (Yes, even I can be spontaneous when on vacation!)

Ethan made a hole in one! He was so proud of himself. (Pop and Uncle Matt did, too!)

Abby did a great job, too. While she may not have had the stance or grip of a true golfer, she gave it her all. She never threw her club, but she did threaten to beat up the alligator at the 17th hole. (he, he!)

Chase beat Dad. Mom beat Chase, but Chris and Matt beat everyone!

Of course, a trip to Fun Acre is not complete without hitting the batting cages!

With all the things I find myself "between" right now (relationships, churches, even jobs in a way), I treasure my family more than ever!

4 comments:

Jen said...

I just love your family. How very lucky you all are to have each other. Love you, Tammy!!!

Leslie said...

What a fun day... thanks for sharing your fun family times with us. They are a great group of people!

Tonya said...

I have been really feeling the same thing lately. I always knew we had a great family, but these times we are in now, some how seems to have made you all that much more special to me and it seems that we have become that much stronger as a family. Love you!!

Suzie said...

I just can't get over how much the women in your family look so much alike! Chase is lucky to have you in his family!