Pages

Monday, April 6, 2009

The power of positive thinking

I love my job. I love my job. I love my job. Just call me the Little Engine that could.

It's been really hard getting back into the swing of things at work. Spring Break offered moments where I actually got to have some thoughts to myself. I didn't have 10 kids following me around or calling my name, needing my undivided attention at that very moment. (Mom, now I know why when we were little you'd tell us your name wasn't "Mom" any more!)

Don't get me wrong. I really do love teaching! I love building relationships with my students. I love being a part of shaping their character and teaching them how to problem solve. As a teacher, I enjoy learning about the brain and how it learns. I also like applying this to my lessons and watching it actually work. I really can't see myself doing anything different.

I'm sure once I get back into the routine and find that delicate balance between work and home, I'll find that "groove" again! I know we all go through times like this.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I just love you, girl! Praying for you this week - it was always so hard to get back into it. You are such a wonderful teacher. Those kiddos are blessed!