Pages

Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

Today's weather seems very fitting, don't you think? Dreary and chilling. That must have been the outlook for the disciples thousands of years ago. Even knowing how it all turns out, this day always holds a heaviness. It's humbling, to say the least, to know that God sent His one and only Son for me and for you. Me. An imperfect, sinful, unworthy person. The debt was mine to pay, yet He took it from me. I'm so thankful that Jesus was willing to take on the my sin and the sin of the world. I could never do anything to make myself worthy of the sacrifice He made, but that's the beauty of it. He saved me and welcomed me into His arms just as I was. Everyday since then He's been molding, shaping, and changing me. Because of the sacrifice He made, I live everyday knowing that God loves me unconditionally and walks beside me. I have peace in knowing my eternal destiny. Nothing in life should ever get me down or defeat me. I serve the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. I'm a child of the King. What an amazing truth! I never want to take the precious gift of salvation for granted. Thank you, Jesus, for loving me so much!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Love the new blog background site!

It is humbling to think about the meaning of Easter. We are so BLESSED.