Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Words of Inspiration

"Words cannot express how much we love you and appreciate your faithful ministry to Gracie.  We hope and pray that as your rose bush grows you will be reminded of all those live you've touched - even the thorny and crooked ones - and see the beauty they become when pruned and watered, and grown in the sunshine.  You pouring out your love, encouraging them with kindness and guiding them with your gentle discipline will help to shape some of the best people of the world.  Words are not enough to express our love and gratitude for you!  Thanks for helping to grow Gracie in Grace."

I received these beautiful words in a thank you note a few years ago along with this rose bush.
Words of thanks have become words of inspiration for me.  When I'm dealing with difficult students God uses these words to encourage me to keep trying. 

I love the beginning and end of each school year.
I love the excitement, endless possibilities, and hope that fill the first days.
And I love the reflection and celebrations of growth that fill the last days.

I can't believe that today is the last day of school and that another year has come and gone.  Being a public school teacher can be a tiring, draining, difficult job at times, but I love it and don't take the opportunities I'm given to teach and share the love of God lightly.
It's more than a job.  It's a training ground for the future.  It's a mission field.
It's my passion!!   

No comments: