Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Summer Vacation - Here at last!

Summer officially started at 1:35 p.m. on Friday when we pulled out of the school parking lot.  Good-byes said, paperwork finished, books put away, cabinets locked, computers checked out, carpets rolled up, and desks stacked.  Freedom was ours and the first place we headed was D'Arpino's!
 It was delicious and the company was spectacular!
When I got home, I discovered that my mom had surprised me by mowing my yard!  And, come to find out, she was going to clean my house (YIKES!) but, thankfully, my dad came and took her to lunch!
That evening I went to watch some of my favorite ball players!
JACOB
 ETHAN
 On Saturday I spent some much needed time clearing my mind while horseback riding.  It was a gorgeous day!  Then, that afternoon I worked in the yard a couple of hours.

Because my house IS SUCH A MESS and I knew I couldn't stay there without cleaning, I spent Sunday at Mom and Dad's relaxing and resting.  Look at the beautiful steak mom fixed for lunch!!  It tasted even better than it looks!
 After a nap, I did work on some assessments for next year for just a bit.
 Today I met Kayla in Branson!!  She's going to work summer school, so we had to get together while we could.  I must say, our time together was unlike any other.  We're both so wiped from the school year, we moved pretty slowly and sometimes just looked at one another.  Lunch seemed to revive us some.  I loved just getting to visit with her!!  Some big things are happening in her life right now.  I can't wait to share them and give God all the praise for the mountains He's moved!
I love these purchases I made today:
Ahh....yellow and gray!!
I closed on my home refinance at 4:00, then Sara called and asked if I could get together later for dessert!!  We kept it simple and met in Ozark at Orange Leaf.  This was my first time, and I LOVED it!  The birthday cake was amazing!!!
We had such a great time talking about everything!
Tomorrow it will be time to get down to work on this MESSY house!!  You can tell that all I did the last week of school was come home and drop things.
I can't stand it any longer!!!
It will feel so good to have a clean, straightened house!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

So happy you guys are ready for SUMMER!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!