Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Because of baseball and basketball tournaments next weekend, we celebrated Mother's Day early this year.  The whole weekend was exactly what I needed.  It started out with a beautiful horseback ride Saturday morning, and then I got to come home and catch up on things at home.

I've been so behind in my writing birthday cards.  (I like to give handwritten cards with notes about special things from their life at this moment.)  April hit pretty fast and furious and I never got a chance to sit down and really think about what I wanted to write in Abby, Chase, and Garrett's cards.  Saturday I had time to do it!  I also wrote out Mom's Mother's Day card and a little to Dr. Kopp (my principal).  Can you tell that words of affirmation/encouragement is one of my love languages?  :)
 I got my dish ready to take mom's, too.
 Finally, I mowed the yard.  While the weather may not always cooperate, I really like to get this done on the weekend.
For Mother's Day this year I wanted to take a picture with each mom and her kids.
Here's my beautiful momma and sisters!
 Funny story...while we were trying to take the picture, Chloe climbed up.
We moved her out, but...
 she weaseled her way back in under my mom's legs.  Can we say persistent?
 Tonya, Jacob, Abby
 Tina, Chase, Garrett, Ethan
Grana, Mom
(We still miss Debbie.)
 Grandma, Dad, GayeAnn
(We still miss Carole, too.)
GayeAnn, Hannah
 Hannah, Kenley
 Brenda, Matt
It was a great day of sharing and catching up!

I'm so thankful for my precious mom.  She is such a selfless woman, always doing for others and putting her family first.  She's my biggest encourager and prayer warrior.  She's the first one I call with news to celebrate or cry about.  When I'm feeling lonely, discouraged, or impatient she always reminds me that God has a plan for me and that His timing is perfect.

I love you, Mom, and am so thankful for you!


1 comment:

Leslie said...

That puppy is so sweet.
What a lovely time with your family.