Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

Reflecting & Looking Ahead

January - Started blogging!  Went on an amazing trip to Newport Beach, California to attend the Brain Expo.  (Thanks, Cheryl, for sharing your room!) The weather was beautifiul and the sunshine was glorious!

February - Had a great time taking Abby and Ethan to High Pointe's school dance.  What little cuties!

March - Ahh, Spring Break!  Took a weekend trip with Kelly to Overland Park for shopping and then over to Independence to visit some historical sites.  During the week, Mom came over and we painted my living room.

April - I started the Esther Bible study with Beth Moore!  I'd love to do it again.  Nothing else really sticks out in particular, but I know I spent time celebrating Easter, birthdays, and family.

May - "School's out for summer!" (Oh, how I wish I could replicate that feeling right now.)

June - Perhaps one of the hardest moments of the year; I decided to leave the only church I have ever attended.  Thankfully, this month was also full of ballgames and time spent with family.  Hopefully, we started a new Father's Day tradition: a family baseball game and swimming.  It was so much fun!

July - Participated in the "Me, Myself, and Lies" Bible study with some AMAZING women! Spent nearly every day with family or friends and completed TONS of projects at home.

August - Started school.  Yep, that pretty much sums up August.  Loved having Mom and Jen's help setting up my classroom, by the way.  I had so much fun!  (Jen, the room is still very organized!)

September - Celebrated another birthday and settled into a new church home.

October - Hannah got married!  Got hooked on "The Office"!  How did I miss it all these years?  It's so funny!  Thanks, Jen and Kelly, for the hours of enjoyment I found in catching up!!

November and December - Enjoyed the holiday season!  Even added a few more: Progressive Dinner and enjoying the lights together.

Once again, God has abundantly blessed me with His provision.  I have much to be thankful for and I know it all comes from Him!

As I looked back at the posts from the year, I could see the healing that was taking place.  God had brought me so far.  The past few years it has, at times, taken everything in me to fight the devil when he attacks with fear, worry, "if onlys", and "what if's".  Thankfully, it is a battle I haven't had to fight alone.  I'm so thankful for the tangible love of God that has come in the form of friends and family and their words of hope and encouragement.  I'm looking forward to a year where I don't have to hold the pieces of my heart together.  I'm looking forward and am hopeful, excited, and expectant. 

In 2010, I want to take better care of myself spiritually, physically, and emotionally so that I have more to give to others.  Contrary to how it may seem, I'm not a taker.  I'm not usually so needy.  I can usually handle things without having to burden others.  While I know there has a been a valuable lesson and blessing that has come from this season of leaning on others, I want to be the one encouraging and uplifting.  I want to extend the love, grace, and mercy of God in my actions and in my words.  In 2010, I want to spend less time thinking of myself and the burdens I carry and more time helping lighten the load of others.  I'm so excited to see where God leads and all that He has in store this year!

2 comments:

Jen said...

You ARE such a blessing to the people who love you. Every time we get together or talk I leave feeling refreshed and uplifted. You are a wonderful person and friend and I can't wait to see what God has in store for you in '10!!!

Leslie said...

FIrst of all, the blog looks great!!!! You are so good at that kind of stuff!

We have had quite a year... and I"m so glad I've gotten to be part of your life! You are NEVER a burden or a taker. You always brighten my day and make me smile. I am also very excited for God's plan as it unfolds for you. Love ya!