Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Didn't see it coming!

Originally I really didn't want a snow day.  It was too soon.  I mean we just went back to school this week.  Then, the weatherman had to put out the warnings and people at school started talking about it and low and behold, I got my hopes up.  (My friend Cara called to tell me there was a pet advisory out that said pets under 20 lbs needed to be taken out on a leash because of the strong winds.  It totally cracked me up and gave quite the visual picture of Chloe floating in midair! Ha!)

My friend Kelly called last night around 8:30 to talk over the possibility of a snow day.  I even went as far as to get online to go over the radar and forecast.  After much discussion and debate, Kelly and I determined that we'd surely be going.  So, we got off the phone, I made a math powerpoint, graded a set of papers, and filled out Honor Roll certificates so that I'd be prepared for the next day.  When the phone rang at 5:15 I was shocked and excited!  It's such a good feeling to be able to go back to sleep, knowing you have nowhere you have to be on such a bitterly cold day.   So, I spent the morning picking up the house, doing laundry, vacuuming, and talking on the phone.

Late afternoon I went over to Tina's to play some Mario Brothers on the Wii with the boys.  (I'm so thankful they live just around the block!)  There was lots of screaming and laugher!  I had a ball!!  Could you ask for more out of a snow day?  I think not!  :)

(Ethan isn't happy in this picture because he wasn't allowed to take the picture.)  While I was there, I got the call about there being no school tomorrow.  It's a bummer because we'll have to make this one up.  Oh, well.  I'll be forced to find something relaxing and fun to do.  Whatever will I do?  I'm sure I'll figure something out!

1 comment:

Alysia said...

Oh my! I am still laughing at the thought of a "white snowflake powder puff doggie" floating around in the winter winds! :) Too cute!