Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Christmas Break

I feel a little silly about posting this so late.  Actually I feel silly posting it at all.  But, in this new year of blogging, I'm trying to remind myself that these posts are for me.  I started this blog as a way to prove to myself that I'm living instead of sitting around waiting.  I want to record the memories of my everyday life.  I know that many of these posts must be boring for most of you, but if that happens to you, I have to believe you'll just stop reading.  I'm not writing to entertain, just to remember, maybe process things a little, and even reflect.  There.  I feel better just having "said" that.

Because Christmas was on a Friday this year, I thought the break would seem much shorter, but it didn't.  I felt rested and ready to go back by the time it was over.

Wednesday 12/23 ~ 1/2 day of school, went to Leslie's to finish Ethan's box, went looking at lights with the kiddos

Thursday 12/24 ~ made spinach dip for Grana's, got presents loaded and ready to take to Mom's

Friday 12/25 ~ Christmas! (recorded in an earlier post)

Saturday 12/26 ~ hung out at home in the morning then headed to Mardel and Hobby Lobby for some shopping (I loved leisurely strolling through the stores just looking around), went to Tina's to play the game of Life with the boys

Sunday 12/27 ~ church and Chipmunk movie (missed Tonya and Matt, but they were in Salem)

Monday 12/28 ~ surprised Grana with a visit, shopped in Branson, that night Mom and I helped Tina hang some pictures
                                      

Ethan impressed me with his daily workout!

Tuesday 12/29 - Lunch with Mom and Dad, shopping with Tonya, dinner at Tina's (for helping her hang her pictures) :)

Wednesday 12/30 ~  Lunch and movie with a dear friend.  We saw "It's Complicated" and laughed and laughed!

Thursday 12/31 ~ Errands and grocery shopping, later spent New Year's Eve with the family at Tonya & Matt's


The kids had a great time.  Can't you tell?


This girl loves her chocolate cake!

Things are winding down...

Just for you, Chase!

Friday 1/1 ~ More shopping. (I was working on a project, see below.)  Had trouble finding exactly what I wanted.  But, after trips to Gordman's, Hobby Lobby, Pier 1, Target, Lowes, and Michael's, I found what I was looking for.  Thanks, Mom, for letting me drag you everywhere!  Movie at Mom and Dad's that night.

Got new curtains, too!  Love them!

Saturday 1/2 ~ spent most of the day at home and then went to Garrett's basketball game

Sunday 1/3 ~ church, lunch with Mom and Dad, and spent the rest of the afternoon at home

Monday 1/4 ~ back to work, but had a 2 hour late start so that made it SO much easier

Ahh, vacation!  It's a wonderful thing!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Love this!!! Thanks for sharing! And your new decorations look amazing!!!

Leslie said...

Love the shelves. They are exactly how I would have put them! Great minds...

You were so busy on break! Isn't it amazing what we can do when we don't spend 7 hours of our day managing 20 other people.