Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snow Day

Yesterday, we got 6 inches of snow dumped on us.  Today, God blessed us with a beautiful day to play in it!  After putting on two of everything (shirts, pants, and socks) I was ready to hit the snow.  This was one time I was thankful for pants that are too long.  I was able to tuck the excess in my shoes and it kept my feet dry all day!

Here we are just goofing off, throwing snowballs, tackling one another.
Mom and Abby

Chase and Garrett with the saucer.  Chase would stand up on it as he slid down the hill.  I didn't think there would be any way he'd ever be able to do it without losing his balance, but he did!
More snowballs!
The fun really got started when Grammy pulled out the tube!
This was after Ethan was pulled in the tube by the four wheeler.  He took a face plant right in the snow!
Jacob's getting all set up.
Grammy and Ethan are going to make a round.
What happened?  That's Chase on the right.  That's how he spent most of the day, too.
My turn!
After getting pummeled with snow in the face, I let go of the rope.  I took another turn later and found out Matt wasn’t as nice of a driver as Chris. He threw me into the ditch where I flipped over backward, head first into the snow!
Pop even got in on the action.
This was taken right before Chris swung him into the tree.  I'm hoping Mom got it on video!
Chase couldn't be bothered to pull his pants up.
Ethan had to warm up in the sun.
Tonya and Abs did too.
Abby's turn.  You could hear her giggling as she passed.
"But, it can't be over!"
We were outside playing together for over 2 hours!  It was SO much fun and memories were made that we'll all smile about!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Two posts in one weekend! oh MY!! These are great family memories! I think there's a redneck joke in there somewhere... You know you're a redneck if... You play in the snow with a four wheeler and a tube! Ha! I love your family. Such great adventures together.

Leslie said...

BTW... your header and wallpaper look great! You are a techie genius!

Jen said...

Awww! That looks like sooo much fun! I also agree with Leslie - love the blog look - you should start a side business!!!

Fran said...

My "kids" had fun on the back hill - but you guys really did it right!!! I also like the blog and think you should start a business of your own!!

Alysia said...

What fun! Reminds me of when I was a kid. These will be such fun memories! Your new blog is "kickin". Love the colors!