Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My List

Seems like more and more is being piled on to our plates every day.  More is being expected with less time to accomplish it in and with less pay.  I think you could give and give until there's absolutely nothing left and it still wouldn't be enough.  To maintain balanced in these extremely demanding days, I've been trying to make a list for myself.  A list of my own personal expectations for myself.  In my eyes, what can I do to be successful?  If all I do is evaluate myself by someone elses standards, I'll always come up short.  After lots of thinking and reflecting here's what I've come up with so far.  I know there's has to be something I'm missing.  I need your help.  What would you add?

To be a successful teacher I will...
  • build relationships with my students
  • show my students that I love and care about them, that they are valuable, and that they have something to give
  • look for every opportunity to help my students learn
  • build relationships with parents so they know I'm their partner, that I want to help, and that I will be as accommodating as possible
Ok, to all you parents out there, what am I missing?  What do you want from your child's teacher?  Any and all feedback is welcome!

3 comments:

Fran said...

Hey - Tammy - I always prayed that first and foremost my kids' teachers would take care of themselves physically - but more importantly spiritually. We are so fortunate to live in an area where Christian teachers are the norm. I get feedback on you lots from kids who are in your class or have been and they all love you - you are doing a great job - so just follow your heart.

Alysia said...

I always wanted my child's teacher to be just like you...and lucky us, we got ya! Thank you for being such a valuable and vesting person in Becca's life. Your kiddos absolutely love you and so did she. I really credit YOU for her change toward thinking she COULD read well, write well, and was capable of learning new "stuff" in math. You helped her become the confident teenager that she is today. Teachers like you--are the teachers parents like me--are thankful for and will never, ever forget. WE LOVE YOU!

Leslie said...

THis is a great list. I need it posted on my wall by my desk!