Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

Routines, Prayer Meeting, and Bruises

I can't believe it's been over a week since I've posted! I've been working really, really hard to get into a routine since I've been back to school. I guess I've not done a good job at making blogging a part of it.

The first few months of school seem to be some of the busiest with extra nights at school for Parent Orientation, Open House, and Conferences. Not to mention all the meetings. I'm making it a point to be more conservative and eat only at home during the week. So, I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to fix dinner, work out, keep things in order at home (laundry and cleaning) and finish work I've brought home while making time for family and even a little relaxation. I must say, it's nearly impossible on nights like tonight when I don't get home until 8:30. Oh, well. I'm not giving up. Things will slow down and I'll get it all figured out!

Enough complaining, I want to share something positive. My class this year is so sweet! They are kind to one another, work hard, and are eager to please. They are reminding me why I love teaching. On Fridays we have our weekly Class Meeting. During this time we talk about things that are concerning them. One little boy shared a sad story. After hearing it, another little boy said, "I'm going to pray for you." How amazing is that? Before I knew it 2 more people had their hands up with prayer requests for the class. I must say it was a first!

Finally, Chase (my 12 year old nephew) found out today that he made the A team in football! I'm so proud of him and the way he gives 100% in all sports that he plays. Last Friday I heard that he came home with some unbelievable bruises from football practice. I went over to check them out. I was speechless! It made me hurt for him to just look at them. Check them out for yourself.
He wasn't complaining, but was celebrating! Boys! Oh, well. It's like I always say, if you're going to be hurting, you might as well have something to show for it!

I guess that's all for tonight. Not a whole lot, but at least I'm working on putting blogging back into my routine!

3 comments:

KK said...

Live first, blog when you can! Glad your class is sweet!

Leslie said...

I love reading your blog, so make sure to find time to do it. :) I can't believe how grown up Chase looks. It just goes by so quickly.

Alysia said...

Tammy, I heard about Chase! What a great accomplishment. He should be proud!