Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

Finally

I received a text from "him" on the first day of school. Can you believe that? I mean, it's been almost a year since he last attempted to make contact. This time he sent a picture of himself. Sometimes I wish I knew what he was thinking or what he hoped to accomplish. Still, I am so thrilled to report that, for the first time in 4 years, it didn't get me down. While there were feelings of confusion and bewilderment, I wasn't tempted to call him and I haven't been plagued by constant thoughts of him and how much I'd like to talk to him again. While I have yet to delete the picture and his number, I'm still celebrating the fact that this is such a HUGE milestone for me! I'm so thankful that God brought me through, and He used so many of you to do just that! To all of you, and you know who you are, thank you for talking me "off the ledge" so many, many times. Thank you for tirelessly lending an ear and speaking truth to me, even when it wasn't what I wanted to hear. I love you all!

5 comments:

KK said...

Good for you!

Alysia said...

Tammy, I'm sooo happy for you!

Fran said...

You go girl!!!!

Leslie said...

I am so proud of you... God is good... Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I am proud of you Tammy! God will honor everything you have done. That is a promise! By the way, I left coffee samples on your door step for your dad! Talk to you later

Amber