Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Future Reader


The other night we were riding home from Chase's basketball game. I was in the middle of rereading Twilight and was carrying it with me to read whenever there was a spare moment or two. While I was reading, Ethan said that he needed a book to read, but that his Momma didn't pack him one so he needed to borrow my "chapter book". He was so cute as he proceeded to read. He was so proud of himself and felt so big. (And we all know how important that is to Ethan.) I couldn't help but share because I thought it was too cute!

I'm a proud Aunt! He's already mastered several parts of early literacy. He holds the book the right way, knows which way to turn the pages, and knows that the letters form words that work together to make a story. Good job, Tina! You must have been reading to this boy as he's been growing up!!

1 comment:

Fran said...

Tammy - I absolutely love to read and I love that you guys are instilling that in another generation. My granddaughter is beginning to read and I love the look on her face when she figures out a word. Hope you have the best year this year at school.