Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Mom, I'm so thankful for today because it means I get to celebrate YOU!
You are such a loving, serving, compassionate person. You are always willing to help others whether that means listening, advising, or serving. With my whole heart I believe you are a big reason why getting married and having a family means so much to me. I want to be for my future family what you've always been for all of for us. I want to be the kind of wife that puts my husband needs above my own. I want to look for ways to make his life easier. For my kids I want to be their confidant and friend, but when necessary deliver tough love. I grew up watching you live out all of this and more!
You are definitely the glue in our family, the one that holds us all together. I think you're truly amazing and I want to be more like you! I hope that today we are able to give you just a glimpse into how much we love and adore you!

UPDATE: Tina, Tonya, and I took Mom to Mr. Yen's for lunch. Grana met us there, too. (Michelle, we missed you!)

Saturday evening we had a little get together where we watched some old home movies and played games.

Mom's so special we couldn't get all the celebrating done in one day!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Happy birthday! You are a great mom, and I'm so glad I've gotten to know you through Tammy!

Kelly Carter said...

What a tribute to your mom! She's someone we all aspire to be!