Pages

Monday, August 10, 2009

Extreme Makeover: Classroom Edition

I've spent the day working in my classroom. Usually, the first day in the classroom is overwhelming, exhausting, and I accomplish very little. This was NOT the case today. I called in "professional" help! That's right, People! I'm fortunate enough to be friends with a special little lady who could organize her way out of anything! While there were 1 or 2 moments that I felt overwhelmed today (and I'm not sure why I felt that way as she was doing all the work), Jen kept me going with her great ideas and I had an absolutely WONDERFUL day!! It was so much fun picking her brain and getting her opinion on things I was unsure of. We got SO much done today. So much, that if I had to, I could have students tomorrow. Can you believe that? The first day in the classroom and I can say that!! That's never happened before. Here's the proof:

Here's all the things I've accumulated this summer that needed to go school.
Here's what we started with: (Keep in mind, the custodians were nice enough to put things back according to a diagram I left them. All but the student desks, that is.)Ta-da!! Here's the finished product: (Can you see those beautifully organized bookshelves where everything has a place and a label?)

Check out this room arrangement! I'm loving it!!

Every drawer in my desk looks this good!!

Jen, I could never, never adequately express how grateful and appreciative I am that you would give up a day and spend it helping me. Thank you for not laughing at my obsession with paper clips, notepads, binder clips, markers/pens and the way I horde them. Thank you for being patience and kind when you told me it was ok to throw things away. I love knowing that everything has a place and that I'm starting the year out right! I love you, Girlie and loved, loved, loved spending the day with you. I always feel so good after our times together!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Loved it! You are so much fun to work with...it doesn't take much to get us laughing and we can still stay focused...go us! :) Love you!!!

Christa said...

Your classroom is looking GREAT!

BoydandKayla said...

Hey there! Your room looks great. I'm so glad you're getting all that accomplished in such a short amount of time! Yea!! By the way, I keep your blog up all day so I can listen to your songs on there! lol Thanks for the great music!! Love you!

Suzie said...

So cute!!!!!!! I may have to hire Jen to do my house!

Leslie said...

Jen is the BOMB! Good job girls... It looks fabulous!