Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Little Change, BIG Difference

Ok, so you know I've been working in the classroom, right? Well, today Mom came and helped me. Today's mission was bulletin boards! First, we went to Wal-Mart to buy material, ribbon, and tubs for books. We then headed to IPA and Mardel to find the perfect border for our material. I think we made it to school around 1:00. We worked for the next couple of hours and got them all done! I only have pictures of my favorite one, though. (More to come later when everything is finished.) This is the bulletin board behind my desk. The color scheme was inspired by some new, fun file folders I bought earlier this summer. For this little corner behind my desk I wanted something that was not "kiddie". I wanted something that I loved and that made me feel good. Do you notice how well the new lamp goes, too? (Gotta love Target!) The material over the refrigerator and under the stereo is chocolate with turquoise polka-dots. It coordinates perfectly with the border. I have to say, "Mission accomplished!"

Thanks, Mom, for coming to crawl on top of desks and bookshelves to get the job done! Thank you for the sweet gift of all the material. I just love it!! You really know how to get things done!
How could I have forgotten to take your picture? No worries! I'll catch you next time! ;)

4 comments:

Christa said...

I love that lamp...too cute!! :)

Jen said...

Ahhhhh!!!! LOVE IT :) It is absolutely perfect and it has to make you feel soooooo good :)

Alysia said...

I LOVE to "redo" classrooms! What fun!

Leslie said...

It looks awesome!!