Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

What's Up?

What I've been doing:
  • grading papers
  • attending meetings
  • writing lesson plans
  • hanging up hall displays
  • updating bulleting boards
  • teaching procedures
  • answering questions (TONS of them!)
  • writing newsletters and returning parent phone calls and notes
  • teaching
  • building relationships
  • assessing
  • redirecting off task students
  • helping students learn the art of organization
  • managing recess duty
  • giving advice ("Ms. Myers, nobody will be my friend this year because I was mean and rude last year.")
  • working out (not nearly enough)
  • fixing dinner at home
  • picking up the house
  • driving to and from work (and Wal-Mart!)
  • attending church
  • getting more involved at church
  • catching up with friends and family on the phone since I don't get to see them anymore
  • getting a hair cut
  • being attacked at gas stations (see below picture)

What I have not been doing:

  • eating lunch out with friends
  • going to movies
  • watching TV or reading (until tonight)
  • seeing my family
  • doing laundry
  • sleeping in
  • staying up late
  • going to BUNKO
  • blogging

I'm looking forward to October when my students will be trained, and I will have, hopefully, gotten into a routine!

2 comments:

KK said...

Here's hoping you have time to throw in some of that bottom category back in!

Leslie said...

This just makes me sad... sorry, but summer is over isn't it?