Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

Labor Day weekend (only a week late!)

I love the feeling you have when you leave work on Friday knowing you have 3 days off! (This coming from the girl who had 2 1/2 months off this summer!) Here's how I spent my 3 days:

Friday night: Kelly and I tried out a new restaurant, had a delicious cheeseburger with the best sweet potato fries. We came back to my house to watch "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers". It was a fun and relaxing evening!

Saturday: Horseback riding, of course! Beautiful weather! Came home and Dad changed the oil in my car and did some things to tune it up. (Labor of love!) I worked with Mom and Dad to wash the horse trailer and Mom cleaned out the camper part. It looks so nice in there. While we were washing the little trailer it started to rain. If you know my mom, you know she won't quite working until she reaches her goal. So, we finished washing the trailer in the rain. I know people who drove by thought we were crazy.

Sunday: Church - great message! That night we surprised GayeAnn and showed up at her new church to watch her become a member. Abby sat with me. During the message, she looked up at me and said out loud, "Meme, are you bored? I'm bored!" You never know what she'll say next!

Monday: More horseback riding. Tonya got to go with us this time. Yeah!! Tonya, I LOVE it when you get to go. You add so much to our rides. Busiek was very busy that day! Horseback riders, bicyclists, and hikers everywhere!! Thankfully, Stormy doesn't spook easily. But, if another horse gets in his personal space, that's another story entirely!

That day I came home and mowed the yard and looked who showed up for a visit:

I love that I live in the same subdivision as Chase, Garrett, and Ethan. We're only a bike ride away.

It was a great weekend. If only every weekend were three days...

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Girl! I can't believe you didn't include your horrible incident with the tree falling on you!! What in the world!!

Alysia said...

Tammy, seeing your weekend and hearing about it and your family made ME happy! I love you!