Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

New Church

After more than two months, I'm ready to let you know that I've found a new church home...James River Assembly. It's a big change considering the fact that I've attended a church all my life that averaged around 150!
I'm going to be completely honest here. I've been reluctant to share this. I've been afraid that people would think I went there for "status", or on the flip side, as a place to blend in and get lost. I never thought it would be a place I would call home because of its size. But, I feel good about my decision. I've felt loved and welcomed from the first Sunday. The people are so friendly, the worship makes me feel like I'm at the feet of Jesus, the preaching is dynamic, and the Wednesday night prayer meeting is changing my prayer life. That James River is located less than 5 minutes from my house, is just icing on the cake! Believing the way I do about serving in a part of ministry, I'm already working in an area of the church. I would never have thought I’d be at this place in only 2 short months. What a testimony to God’s plans for my life!
My other church still holds a very special place in my heart. (Always will.) I think of it and pray for the people there often. I’m excited about all God has in store for me at James River!
I know that many of you prayed with me about this HUGE change in my life and I just wanted to keep you updated.

5 comments:

Fran said...

Tammy - I am so happy for you. Enjoy...

Jen said...

Yay!!! I am sooo happy for you. It is so important to be in a place that both challenges and feeds you. Keep us posted on the great things you learn!

Leslie said...

I'm so glad you have found a place... I think God has BIG plans for you there!

Leslie said...

BTW- your blog looks GREAT!

Alysia said...

I'm so happy for you, I kn ow lots of people who really love James River and do not feel lost at all there. =)
Your blog reaffirms my love for Fall, my favorite time of the year. It's a BEAUTIFUL blog!!!