Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

God's Protection

 Today I left school a little early to make a hair appointment.  I was in a hurry and told myself I didn't need to buckle up, that I'd be find no farther than I was going.  (Shame on me, I know!) I put the car in drive and pulled out of the parking space. I felt this urgency in heart telling me I needed to buckle up.  It was so strong, I  stopped the car and took the necessary 2 seconds to buckle up.  I went no farther than a quarter mile, stopped at the stop sign, and was hit by another car that was going too fast and smashed right into me as they were turning.  I saw it coming, but there was nothing I could do about it.  I pushed on the break and braced myself for the impact. 
      
I'm so thankful God wouldn't let me leave without buckling up.
I'm so thankful I wasn't hurt.
I'm so thankful there is nothing seriously wrong with my car - it's drivable and runs great.
I'm so thankful the police officer was so kind.
I'm so thankful the other driver was honest and that they had insurance.
I'm so thankful my dad and mom drove over to help any way they could and to make sure my car was safe enough to drive home.
I'm so thankful God took care of all of these details!

No comments: