Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Christmas Break - reconnecting w/ family

This year (or now I guess it's technically last year), Christmas Break was just one day short of being two weeks long.  Two weeks!!!  It was wonderful!  

School dismissed on a Wednesday.  Kelly and I decided to kick our time off with dinner and a movie at my house.  I had plans both Thursday and Friday, but was determined not to make any plans the next week.

Thursday, we met Hannah and Kenley for lunch.  I can't believe how quickly she's growing!!  She's such a good little girl.  She really loves Abby and tries to do everything just like her.  How sweet is that?
I felt lucky that I was able to snap this picture.  Right before this, they accidentally knocked the tree over!!
Friday, I spent the day shopping and running errands with Kayla!!  I'm so happy she's a teacher, too.  Now we can enjoy the breaks together!  After that I rushed over to meet the family to watch the new Chipmunks movie.
Saturday (Christmas Eve), Dad and I enjoyed a very brisk horseback ride.  It was pretty cold, low 30's, but so worth it!!

I'm so happy to say I kept my promise to myself.  After Christmas, I didn't plan anything all week long!!  Monday I stayed home, worked on my computer, and tried to get over a cold.  Tuesday I took down all things Christmas.  Wednesday I made some returns and then had a NERTs night at Tina's.  I'm pretty sure Tina was losing at this point, hence the look on her face.  :)
Check out these beauties!! We all have one!
And these beauties too, of course.
The "bigs" (Chase and Garrett) went to the Blue and Gold tournament, so the "littles" got together to play.
Thursday we went back to Tina's to watch "The Help" - such a great movie!  Then, Friday somehow I wound back up at Tina's to borrow her computer, but Chris ended up fixing mine instead.  They talked me into staying for another movie.

I LOVE my sisters and don't get to talk to them or see them nearly as much as I'd like throughout the school year.  In a way, it felt like this Christmas break was about reconnecting and sharing quality time with them.  I loved it!   

No comments: