Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Usually I have to work half a day on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.  This year we had the day off!!  I can’t even begin to tell you how much I enjoyed it!  I spent this day keeping old traditions and maybe starting a new one.  We all (except for Dad and Chase who were hunting and Matt who was working) met for lunch at Cheddars.  I love that place purely for their delicious spinach dip!!  During lunch we made out Christmas lists, well the kids did anyway.  It was so cute to hear them talking about what they wanted.  It was cute to just to listen them talk to each other about it, too!  Especially Jacob and Ethan.  They got so excited!
After lunch we headed over to P3 in Ozark so the kids could each make an ornament.  While they didn’t enjoy the several coats of paint it took, they all seemed very excited about the finished product.  Garrett made an ornament that says "Garrett Rocks!", Jacob painted one with an unique design, Ethan painted a gingerbread man, and Abby made a penguin with the most beautiful, red eyes.  (That's right, red!  Who knows, her ornament may become legendary like the teddy bear I painted in second grade.)  
Every Wednesday night before Thanksgiving I spend the night at Mom and Dad’s. I make pumpkin pies and watch/sing-a-long with “White Christmas”. This year Chase joined us for the fun. (I think he really came over to play his PlayStation on the HD television, but I’ll take it! He sure does enjoy picking on me, though.

Thanksgiving was a day filled with family, food, and fun!  This year it was bitterly cold and even snowed!
 I love this picture of them watching it snow!
 Is there a "grown-up" table at every house?
 The "kid" table.
This was Ethan’s first time ever to have turkey!  He LOVED it!!
What’s a holiday without games?
Look at this sweet girl I found upstairs, entertaining herself.  Apparently she got lonely, though, because it wasn’t long after this that she took Chloe prisoner!
We also celebrated Grana’s birthday!
This just makes my heart happy!  They entertained themselves for the longest time with paper cups!  Aunt Meme is so proud to see that creativity and imaginary play isn’t lost on them!!
We love Cranium!  (Wow!  Look at that beautiful sunset in the background!)
More games!  Bet ‘ya can’t guess who won…
We didn’t let her win either!  She’s quite the Memory mastermind!!
I think this picture of Chloe summed up how everyone felt at the end of the day.  
Thanksgiving is my very favorite holiday because the focus of the day is family and remembering all that you have to be thankful for!  I'm so blessed!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Such a great day. Love the ornaments... Now I want to go make some.