Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Merry Christmas to Me!

I did it!  I finally broke down and bought a new TV! While I’m certainly glad I did it, and have NO regrets, it took a lot to make the final decision. I’ve been considering the idea for awhile.

Here’s my old TV. Seven years ago I bought it from Tina and Chris for $75 and they’d had it since them married in ’93. (And it was used then.) It had a great picture and met my needs perfectly.
For Christmas I’m getting TiVo!! Yes, I’m finally stepping into the 20th century and digital recording! I can’t wait!! With this new addition coupled with the amazing deals of the weekend, I just couldn’t resist any longer and decided to buy a new TV.

In looking for something new, I knew I wanted something bigger than 32’’. I wanted something that would fit in the cabinet I currently have, but also feel like I was still getting a bigger TV. They were all sold out of the 37’’. I noticed that the 40’’ measured 38 and 1/16. Mom said my cabinet measure about 38’’. Thankfully Matt made an extra trip to my house to get an exact measurement and said we had a solid 38 and ¼ to work with. I was thrilled to be able to get a 40’’ and for such an amazing price, too!!

We were a little nervous when we got it home, but it fit. We had to take the doors off while we put it in, but it fit! I think it looks great and couldn't be more happy!!!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Sara said...

So Excited for you!!! Now we can Tivo and watch our shows together friend!!

Jen said...

OOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!! Yay for Tivo too!!!! LOVE IT! =)

Alysia said...

Oh that IS a nice TV and it does fit so perfectly! Tammy I have to tell you--Your blog design makes me sooo happy! It is just as cute as can be with the lovely girly colors and Christmas shapes. BEAUTIFUL!!