Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Vacation is Here!!!

Christmas Vacation started about 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday.  I knew I was going to see a movie with Mom that night and wanted to pick up the tickets early.  I also wanted to read some books by Deeanne Gist over Christmas break, since I loved her last one so much.  So, I asked Kelly to ride along with me - to check out books from the library for me.  :)  All I had to say was D'Arpino's and she was with me all the way!!

We picked up tickets, enjoyed a delicious lunch at D'Arpino's, made a quick trip to the Library and the pet store, and then I dropped Kelly off at home.  Mom was at my house ready to pick me up to see "Little Fockers".  We enjoyed it, although we aren't sure it was as funny as the earlier ones.  We were glad we went, though!  Afterward we grabbed dinner at Cheddar's and then Mom came home and helped  wrapped my Christmas presents - when Chloe got out of the way, anyway.  :)
 My plans for my first "official" day of vacation were to put old family movies on DVD and clean house.  Dad stopped by to change my furnace filters (so thankful for all he does for me) and told me he and Mom were going riding.  I couldn't miss that!  So, I kicked it in high and got my house finished - left with wet floors and all to make it on time, but it was done!  It was a bit chilly, but a wonderful ride!!  With weather and sickness, it had been several weeks since I went riding.  I sure did miss it!
 When we got back and started to unsaddle, I noticed Stormy had hurt himself.
 No worries, though.  Dad and Mom doctored it and wrapped it up!  He should be good as new in a few days!
That evening Mom and I made homemade salsa to take to Grana's for Christmas Eve.  We had to add many ingredients that weren't called for in the recipe, but it wasn't too bad.  Next time we are going to use fresh tomatoes and add a splash of lime juice!

I love time off and the freedom it brings to be spontaneous!!
Photobucket

No comments: