Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Day 2010

Dad, Mom, and I start Christmas Day off by dropping in on the kiddos to see what Santa left them.  They were so excited to show us new bikes, ipods, an Xbox and new TV, puppies, and Star Wars movies.  There’s nothing quite like sharing the excitement of Christmas with little ones!  After our drop ins, we head over to Papa and Grandma’s to visit before the chaos begins.

Look who’s sporting a pair of new coveralls! And duct tape, too! (If you only knew why…)

I love this gift GayeAnn got Papa.  This little book has 200 questions for Papa to answer about himself and his life.  He’s supposed to answer one a day and then share with the rest of us.  I can’t wait to hear what he’s written.  My Papa is the best storyteller around!  Now, if we could only find a way to record all of his stories…
These sweet boys worked hard to make everyone pot holders for Christmas!  I don't think they'll ever know how sweet it was.
 Papa reading the Christmas story.
 In the words of Garrett and Ethan, "It's time for the feast!"  Grandma and Papa outdid themselves!!
 Abby and Kenley - Abby just didn't understand why Kenley didn't love her animals as much as she did!
Lunch was pushed back a bit this year, so Christmas Day was a little different for us.  Usually we leave Papa and Grandma’s and head right over to Mom and Dad’s to start opening presents.  This year, we took a couple of hours for everyone to go home, relax, and of course, play with new toys.  I can’t believe the difference this made.  Our Christmas is usually so rushed, but this year it was laid back and we got to take our time.  It was wonderful!

Some of the many gifts – I couldn’t get them all!

Dad’s opening the chair we got him.  He didn’t ask for it, but we know he’ll put it to good use when he and Mom go to Brushy Creek.
 New Xbox games.  I promise he was really excited – even if it didn’t show in this picture.
Hmm – wonder if she’ll wear that when she's in New York…
New interactive book
A helicopter!
A beautiful new bracelet
When I was little and we opened presents at Papa and Grandma’s, everyone had their “spot”.  They sat at that same spot each and every year.  I’m just realizing we don’t do that.  You know me and tradition.  I may have to suggest that next year. :)
Lovin’ my pot holders – made with colors perfectly picked out just for me!
Poor, Tina.  Mom tricked her earlier.  Here she is opening her real present.  I think it’s obvious how surprised she is!
Ahh, a new desk!  It was just about the only thing on her Christmas List.  Bless her heart she had to wait all day to get it!  The chair was under the tree, but she had to play a game of "Hot and Cold" to find it.
 Oh, yes, eating again!
 I've been working on putting old family videos onto DVD's.  We watched a few I had finished!
Later we tried out Garrett's new Monopoly game.  I'm in love with it!  That could be because I bankrupt everyone, but it really was fun!!

The whole day was wonderful!  It seemed longer and sweeter than any other year!  Thank you, Lord, for the gift of family!! 
Photobucket
 

No comments: