Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Black Friday

I can’t remember how many years ago Mom, Tina, Tonya, and I started shopping on this crazy day!  We’ve done it differently every year.  We gone from starting at Kohl’s to Target to Walmart.  (Walmart being the only way to go as you don’t have to stand outside in the cold.)  Even extremely claustrophobic me can handle Walmart.  There’s not a line pushing to get inside, and when they cut open those pallets of goodies, people are pretty decent. 

 We had everything out and up in record time, so we decided to hit a few stores in Springfield.  To us, things didn’t seem as crazy this year.  When I got home later that night, I cleaned the house.
I got all the gifts bought for my nephews and niece.   I only have three left to get.  Christmas shopping and decorating!  All in all I’d say it was quite a productive day!

This year we hit the midnight sales at Walmart.  We left Mom’s at 11:00 to give ourselves plenty of time.  Being the night owl that I am, this was SO much easier for me than getting up at 3:00!  We found some great deals.  Tonya and I saved $30 on one gift alone!  (So, yes, Dad, it really pays to go.)
Tina needed to get some bigger items, and people were already lining up, so we just decided to go ahead and hop in line, too.  It worked out quite well.  We took turns standing in lines, making friends, with those in line with us (Mom more so than Tina or I) and just looking around the store, walking instead of just standing.  After a few hours of this, we finally just sat down.  Walmart came around with granola bars and energy drinks and a few chairs.  I kind of felt like the girl in the movie “Where the Heart Is” who lived in the Walmart.  People would “borrow” camping chairs.  I went to the front and “borrowed” a magazine (which helped pass the time greatly!).  Others brought their own pillows and blankets and layed down.  We were first and third in line for the things Tina needed and we were able to leave at 5:30 with everything we came for!!
After dropping Tina home, Mom and I went home and slept for a couple of hours, then headed to my house to decorate for Christmas.  She insists on putting up my tree because my allergies are so bad.  It’s really such a blessing!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

So much fun, but I'm tired just reading all of it. :)

Love the new design on your blog! You're so good.