Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Vacation - Day 4 - Sun Kissed & Water Logged

Another great day!  Breezier, but the intensity of the sun seemed to be more extreme.  While vacationing I loved my quiet morning time at the beach!!
This morning we enjoyed Grammy's delicious scrambled eggs and ham and we took our time getting ready.
 Today Mom, Dad, and I swam out to a sandbar just a little farther away from the shore.  Here we were able to enjoy the clear, turquoise ocean we've grown to love!  Later I talked Chris, Garrett, and Ethan into swimming out with me.  We each grabbed a boogie board and swam out.  This was a little hard for Garrett.  Two years ago he was sucked out by a rip current.  And I mean sucked out - in an instant.  SO scary!!  I'm so proud of him, though, because he worked through this fear!  While on the sandbar a "dolphin cruiser" drove by just 50 yards away with a dolphin swimming and jumping behind it.  So cool!!  We got some amazing waves from it too!!   This was one of my favorite parts of the trip.
Today I was very, very good about reapplying sunscreen.  I watched the clock carefully and was never late.  This is what leads me to believe the sun was more intense.  I got a sunburn today!  :(  So glad it was the last day.  Also, after several days of being here, today was the day I walked off the beach with "raccoon" eyes.  When we came in for lunch around 1:30, I was beginning to feel it and thought I should probably quit for the day.  We were all pretty pooped!
Later in the afternoon Chris rented a kayak and took the boys out for a spin.
This evening we walked to shop for some souvenirs.  The boys wanted to go home with tattoos!
Thanks, Pop!
As I type this some are packing, some are eating dinner, and some are watching T.V.  I'll miss that about vacation - the freedom of not being on a schedule and very little responsibility!  However, I am anxious to get home and see the rest of the fam and a certain little, white fluffball!
Photobucket



2 comments:

Fran said...

Vacations at the beach go way to quickly!!! Thanks for taking us all along.. I enjoyed the play by play!!

Leslie said...

I've loved reading your vacation updates. And, I'm so happy you and your family had such a great vacation!!!