Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Last Weekend of Freedom

I started back to school (work days) last Monday.  Other than my computer crashing (the Lord healed it, thankfully), a HUGE scheduling mess, and temporarily losing my keys for 30 min (I thought I was going to be stranded at the High School!), it started off pretty well.  Because Mom helped me set up my classroom on the weekend and because Kelly and I had already planned, I was ahead the entire week.  As a teacher, this NEVER happens.  It felt great!
I had Friday off.  Garrett and Ethan came to school and helped me put away tissues and Clorox wipes and pass out papers and pencils.  I loved having their help!  That evening Abby, Tonya, Mom, Tina and I kept up the traditional "back to school pedicures".  This year, to save a little money, we just did them ourselves.  The "party" went a little long, so Abby stayed the night with me (a first!) so that she didn't have to get up early and go to the football field.  I love getting to spend girl time with Abs!
Saturday, I didn't do much of anything until later in the evening when we celebrated Mom and Dad's birthday!!  My parents are amazing!  I love them so much!!  This year we got them both shoes.  Dad-new tennis shoes and Mom-new, frivolous sandals.  (Seriously, SO CUTE!)
Ahh, cousins!  They love hanging out!
 Pop's farm buddy.
 Kenley loved the chocolate cake.  Can you tell?  :)
Finally, today, I went riding.  What a beautiful day for it!!  Stormy was perfect and gave me such a great ride!  It was just what I needed.  I feel so relaxed and ready to face the week!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Fran said...

Tammy - I cannot believe how big Abby is!!! Her toes are the same as Lauren's - that bright blue color!!! I hope you have a wonderful year...praying for you and all those kiddos!!! I do want to see Mom's fancy sandals!!