Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Letter to My Loves

Tomorrow you start another year of school!
Chaseyou will be starting HIGH SCHOOL!!!  It seriously makes me cry thinking about it!  While you may be too shy to let many see, Chase, you have the biggest heart.  Even at 14 (and 6'2'') you're not too old to tell me you love me or give me a hug.  You're kind to others and humble.  You are loyal and one of the biggest team players I've ever watched on the basketball court!  Chase, you may be shy and quiet, but I'm so proud of the way you are your own person.  No one sways you or talks you into something you don't want to do!  This shows a strength, courage, and security few adults have.  I have LOVED watching you grow in your walk with Jesus this summer and can't wait to see His plans unfold for you!  I know this will be a tough year with 6:00 a.m. workouts and after school practices, but if anyone can handle it YOU can!  Stay focused, but have fun!   I love you!!  

Garrett, you will be starting 5th grade!!!  I can't believe how you're changing everyday - growing taller and becoming more mature.  You have such a gift at reading people and knowing what they're feeling.  You're so sensitive and loving.  Even at 10 years old you have such a servants heart - wanting to help others and take care of them.  It's easy to see why you have so many friends!!  I know you're going to soar in 5th grade!  You do such a great job of being responsible and staying on top of things.  With your work ethic there's no limit to what you can achieve.  Enjoy this new season in school of changing classes and becoming more independent.  Keep loving people the way you do.  That's one of the best ways to show them Jesus!  Garrett, be confident in you are and believe in yourself!!  I love you!! 

Jacob, you will be starting 3rd grade!!  At eight years old you are so polite and outgoing!  You love a good laugh and can be such a silly, carefree boy sometimes.  (That's just like your Mommy when she was little!)  Jacob, you are so smart!  Don't ever settle for less than your best.  You can do anything you put your mind to!  I know you're going to love 3rd grade.  Have all the fun you can stand and learn everything you can!!  I love you!!

Ethan, you will be starting 1st grade!!  I can't believe how much you've changed in one short summer!  You've gone from being the shy little guy who hid behind his mommy to the little boy who willingly talks to his coaches and teachers - without mommy or daddy being there!!  It delights me to no end that you love to learn!  That's just one reason you're so good at school!  I know you'll work hard and make good choices.  I love you!!
 
Abby, you will be starting 1st grade!!  I can only imagine all the joy and happiness you'll bring to your classroom with your sweet smile and infectious giggle.  I love the way you can go with the flow or break off and do your own thing.  You are such a strong, loving, creative, independent young lady!  I know you're going to work hard.  Stay focused and enjoy learning!!  I love you!!

Lord, be with these sweet ones!  I know you live in them and will always be with them.  I pray that you protect them and help them make friendships that build them up.  Help them to see others through Your eyes and to show them Your love, kindness, and grace.  Let them be a light that shines brightly for YOU!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

You are such a blessing. AND a wonderful aunt. I can see how much you love them and pay attention to every detail about them.