Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

VACATION - Day 1 - Traveling

We loaded up and headed south at 4:00 a.m. on Sunday morning.  (I really wanted to get a picture, but let's face it, I can't get this group to pose or smile for a picture at a decent hour!)  I had trouble falling asleep, so I only got about an hour and a half of sleep.  I wasn't worried because I knew this would help me pass time in the car.  :) (At least that's what I thought.)  Garrett hopped in the car with us.  He told us that he feels the best way to pass time in the car and create memories was to talk!  Not at all what I expected to hear from a future 5th grader, but he meant it.  He was quite the chatterbox!  We made our first stop around 7:00 for breakfast and Garrett finally fell asleep a few hours after that.  
He and I passed the time together in the back seat playing a little Angry Birds, the traditional "alphabet game", Name that Tune, and he enjoyed teasing and giving me a hard time whenever he could!  Just thought I'd include a little picture of my view when Dad was not driving....
He was ready for a nap but with not being to see out and having the seat practically in my lap, my claustrophobia set in!  Easily fixed, though, I just moved over and crowded Garrett.  I think it might have worked for the best, though, because it gave him less wiggle room.  After the lunch stop Ethan hopped in with us.  He was completely opposite of Garrett and fell asleep right away.
But, he more than made up for it when he was awake!  He loved reading the map and following our route.  However, by the time we'd finally reached Florida state line, he'd pretty much had it!  We ALL had!!
After the 10th hour being couped up in the car you begin to think, "Was this really worth it?"  Then you get there and see the view from your condo and know it was!
We loved our new temporary digs!  So clean and roomy.
After unpacking and choosing rooms...
We had to check out where we were going to spend the majority of the time while we were here!
We all crashed with the excitement of tomorrow!

Photobucket

No comments: