Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Getting ready for Vacation

I love looking forward to vacation and planning how you're going to spend your days while away.  There's so much excitement and anticipation in the days before!  This year we (Mom, Dad, all of Tina's family, and I) are going to Destin.  Relaxation and fun in the sun are the name of the game!

I waited until the last possible minute to get a pedicure.  Kayla and I went today and enjoyed the pampering!  (I'm not sure what to do with myself.  I've gotten to see her twice in two weeks.  That NEVER happens!  As crazy as it sounds, it makes me miss her even more, though.)

I'm pretty much packed, the house is clean, the yard has been mowed, Chloe's bag is ready, and the laundry is done.  I have this crazy obsession to have everything in it's place and clean before I leave.  (This is true of my classroom, too.)  I like to leave so that when I get home, I have nothing to do but unpack.  Well, I got a little carried away this time.  Tonight I made some of that yummy spinach dip for us to enjoy for lunches.  When I got in the pantry to get out the dry soup mix, I decided it needed to be cleaned out and reorganized.  Then, later, when I was putting away laundry, I reorganized my closest and and went through my clothes, coming up with bags of stuff to donate.  I was supposed to be catching up on blogging!!  Oh, well.  Guess I'll do that tomorrow evening!  I love the spontaneity that comes with summer!!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Fran said...

Hve fun!! We went to Destin earlier inthe summer and just had the best time. So relaxing. I hope it is the same for you!!

Leslie said...

You deserve a RELAXING week at the beach!!!!! Have fun!!!!