Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Vacation - Day 2 - Fun in the Sun

What a great day!!  A fabulous day!!  We were blessed today with a beautiful, cloudless day AND the weather was glorious!!  A high of 89 degrees!  It was so much cooler than home.  (And I have to mention that I love that there are no bugs in Florida!!)

We started the day with some delicious french toast, pancakes, bacon, and sausage.  (Well, actually, Dad started the day for everyone by getting up and turning on every possible light to make coffee.  To make coffee with our bottled water!)  After "gooping" up we finally headed out.
 
 For some reason there was a lot (and I mean A LOT) of seaweed!  So, we soaked up the beach for quite awhile and then spent most of the rest of the day in the lazy river. Chase made it his personal mission to stick me directly under the waterfalls.  He is SO STRONG.  My arms are so tired from trying to pull away from him, but I had so much fun!!
 We ended the day with a delicious steak dinner...
...and Grammy's made-from-scratch brownies while watching one of our favorites, "Wild Hog's".  The boys love watching this with Pop.
I can't tell you how many times today we talked about missing the "rest of us".  Matt, Tonya, Jacob, Abby, the only thing that could make this better is you guys!  We miss you!!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Tonya said...

I could just cry! I love and miss you all so much!! So glad you all are having fun!!!

Kelly Carter said...

You all look like you're having a wonderful time! Khya and I sure wish we were there! Enjoy that sand and surf!