Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

A World Famous Sandwich

The love affair began in the Rocky Mountains.  We had been out riding all day.  When we got back to camp, we were exhausted and starving.  My Papa whipped us up some tuna salad sandwiches.  Sitting on top of that mountain with the gentle breeze blowing, there was nothing that could have hit the spot any better!  I'm not normally a fan of tuna, but these sandwiches are the absolute best!  Tina and Tonya have heard me rant and rave about Papa's tuna salad sandwich ever since then.  This week he called and said he wanted to fix some for us.  What a treat!  We had sandwiches, potato salad, chips, fruit salad, ice cream sundaes, and lively conversation; a perfect afternoon!
I remember getting in trouble for rolling around on this footstool when I was a little girl.  I wonder what it is about it that makes it so irresistible.
Papa taught them how to be wheelbarrows.  They loved it!
Thanks, Papa and Grandma, for having us over!  It was a special memory we'll always treasure!

No comments: