Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Tea Bar & Bites

Kelly and I made plans to go to lunch last week.  I haven't seen her nearly as much as I would have liked to this summer, but that's all about to change as we'll go back to seeing one another everyday!  (Seriously, I think I've seen her a total of five different times all summer!)  Anyway, I can always count on Kelly to make my life more interesting and spontaneous.  We were going to enjoy lunch at D'Arpinos, our favorite Italian restaurant, but at the last minute Kelly suggested a tea room, Tea Bar & Bites.  I had never been nor even heard of this place, but was willing to try something new.  (Can't tell you how many new things "Kels" has introduced me to!) 
As I read the daily specials (listed on the chalkboard you see above) a panic began to rise up within me.  I thought, "I can't eat this stuff!  It's all earthy with healthy.  What am I going to do?"  I told myself there had to be something I would like, so I didn't share my concerns with Kelly.  Didn't want to rain on her parade.  :)   It was packed inside, so once again I told myself that it couldn't be that bad.  Luckily, we arrived at just the right time.  The people who came in shortly after us had to eat outside!  We decided to order something different and then share with each other.  Here's what we ordered:

Kelly - Asian Chicken Wrap (chicken breast, asparagus, red pepper, greens, topped with the house peanut sauce in a spinach tortilla) 

Me - Turkey-Gouda Panini (turkey breast, smoked gouda cheese, artichoke hearts, and house pesto-mayo on grilled tuscan bread)

I was shocked to realize that I really enjoyed the Asian Chicken Wrap.  I know, shocking!!  It was really good!  Kelly and I decided it just tasted light and healthy and was flavorful.  But, I have to tell you, the Turkey-Gouda Panini was just gourmet food at it's best.  YUMMY!  It was the favored dish for us both. 

We decided to splurge and order two desserts to split.  Kelly ordered a Trail-Mix cookie.  (Again I was questioning whether this would be something I would like, but  I was surprised once again.  It was delicious!  It was just the right amount of sweetness - not too much, not too little.  I ordered the Coconut cupcake.  Oooh, this was a little piece of heaven!!!  Seriously, one of the best desserts ever!!! 
Kelly, thanks for suggesting this place!  I really ended up loving it!!  And having some time to visit with you always adds to the pleasure of any event!

1 comment:

Mrs. Misty said...

I love this place!!! I have been there a few time...a friend introduced me to it also!!!
YUMMY!!
~Misty