Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

Work Day

I recently set a day aside to get some work done for school.  It's amazing how clearly you can think when you're not tired or overworked.  I got so much done in just one day! 
I spent the last few days of June at a workshop in West Plains.  I got so, so many wonderful ideas!!  And, even though we sat on bleachers in a middle school gym, he (Chris Biffle) had my attention the entire time.  I have so much respect for him.  He offers everything, all his resources, for FREE because he wants to help as many kids as possible.  Wow!  Someone who's not after the all mighty dollar.  I can get behind that! 

Seriously, if are a teacher you have to check out his website here.  I love the Superspeed Reading and Math.  If you are a parent of elementary students, it would be worth your time to check these out.  They are great tools for memorization in a quick, fun way!!

Check this out:
You are looking at lesson plans for the first week of school !!!  Yes, finished in June!!!  I'm so excited at how much time this is going to save me when I go back to school.  Those first few days are filled with meetings and classroom set up.  It's always hard to find the time to plan.  This year there will be no need!!  I'm so glad I thought of doing it early.  This is something I'll probably always do from now on.

I'm sure you've noticed that Walmart has their school supplies out.  That always causes such mixed emotions for me.  I love, love school supplies...the smell, the sharpness of the crayons, the three ring binders and all their new, cool designs.  But, it's also a reminder that school is just around the corner.  Can it really be almost time to start another year?  While that certainly doesn't feel possible, I do find my thoughts going there quite often.  Thankfully, I still have 4 weeks off.  There's no doubt in my mind that I'll be ready to go back when it's time.  Until then, there's plenty of summer fun to be had!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I'm so happy for you that you have all of that done, BUT I can't even think about it right now!!!!