Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

A schedule that keeps me cleaing!

Cleaning - yuck!  There is only a few times that I'm really in the mood to clean.  I hate to admit this, but I was really only deep cleaning my house about once a month.  And then, because I had waited so long, it took forever!  (Just so you don't think I live in utter filth, I did some light cleaning in between.)  I only felt good about myself as a housekeeper the week of and after I'd deep cleaned.  And so the cycle continued from month to month until my sister Tina introduced me to her idea of zone cleaning.  The perks?  Something in your house is always really, really clean.  You can feel like you've accomplished something every week without spending hours to get it done.  Here's what my zone cleaning schedule looks like:

Week 1 - clean bathrooms and entryway
Week 2 - clean living room
Week 3 - clean kitchen
Week 4 - clean bedrooms

When it's time to clean a particular zone, you really clean it, spending most of your time there.  Dust the fan, clean the blinds, the whole nine yards!  But, that's really the extent of it for the week.  All you have to do is wipe down the bathrooms and run the vacuum and swiffer everywhere else, depending on what you just cleaned.  It ends up only taking an hour. It's not only do-able, but I also can feel good about myself because some part of my house is always really clean.  I no longer have to pick up and/or attempt to lightly clean before people come over.  It's wonderful!!

If you're disgruntled with your cleaning schedule, try this out.  It may work for you as well as it does for me!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Love this! Thanks for sharing!

Leslie said...

Love this and love your new blog design!!!! You're so good!!