Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

A friendly game of bowling

A person can only take so much swimming.  We wanted to spend some time with the kiddos, something fun for them, something cool for us, so we decided to go bowling!  I'm so thankful for Lighthouse Lanes, a smoke free, Christian environment!  We had some buy one, get one coupons, so we loved it even more!!

Look at those brightly colored shoes!  Those precious, little feet won't be little for long!  Just look at Chase's.  Yes, his foot is that enormous one on the right!

The plan was for a friendly game of bowling.  Really?  We should have known better than that!  We put all the little ones (Garrett, Jacob, Ethan, and Abby) on one lane with bumpers and the rest of us (Mom, Tina, Me, Tonya, and Chase) on the other.  There may or may not have been so melt downs about gutter balls or balls that didn't knock down but one pin.  There may or may not have been some trash talking and some pushing.  But, by the second game, everyone was focused on just improving on their previous score.  Garrett won the first game with a score of 112!  (I think I had my personal best - 104.)  Game 2 was won by Mom - sorry Mom, I've forgotten your score, but I know it was well over 100!  More importantly than who won is the fact that a memory was made! 
 See what I mean?  Everything's a competition!!

I love these guys and will miss them terribly when school starts again!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

We all will miss you too!! Thanks for always having a camera with you to document our memories!!